It's the holiday season, and we're in the spirit of giving. Our newest recipe is straight from our origin story - Island Teriyaki Beef. This is the dish which inspired us to start Windward; it's a dish that reminds us of family and home.
We hope you find it just as onolicious as we do.
- 3 lbs beef Tri Trip (or your preferred cut)
- 1.5 cups low sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 cups water
- .5 cup brown sugar
- .75 cup pineapple juice or crushed canned pineapple
- 5-6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks green onion, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1.5 tablespoons Sriracha (optional)
In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and mix well until brown sugar is fully dissolved.
Trim beef of any excess fat and silver skin; slice against the muscle grain so that each piece is roughly .25 inches thick. Place sliced beef in marinade and let sit for anywhere from 2 hours to overnight. Mix occasionally.
When ready to cook, heat grill to medium-high heat. Let meat drain briefly on power towels or over a rack to remove any excess marinade and moisture. Grill over medium-high heat until desired temperature. Enjoy!
Note: Recipe can be adapted for cast iron or a wok, just cut beef into smaller cubes and cook over high heat.